My name is Ondine Constable. I'm a teacher of Nia—a fusion of dance, martial arts, and healing arts. I love the way it makes me feel—energized, relaxed, and strong. It's a means for fitness and creative expression that I can enjoy throughout my life.
I love to share the experience and see my students' faces light up with the Joy of Movement! (Please see my Profile for info about Nia classes.)

In this blog I share personal experiences that enrich my life, including Nia, Transcendental Meditation (which I have practiced for 40 years), and my exploration of natural approaches to health. I offer ideas that I hope will bring you greater health and happiness. Your comments & questions are welcome.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Natural health consultations in Asheville, May 4-5

Ayurveda is the world's most ancient system of natural medicine. An ayurvedic doctor, called a vaidya, diagnoses by reading a person's pulse—detecting imbalances in the doshas, the biological principles that regulate the functions of both body and mind. The vaidya makes recommendations that are simple and effective, usually involving diet, herbs, specific exercises or lifestyle practices (such as going to be earlier). A personal consultation is a valuable opportunity to deepen your understanding about your own mind and body, and how to maintain better health.

I had my first experience with ayurveda years ago. A vaidya touched my pulse for about 30 seconds and told me I eat too many sweets... (I was thin, so there wasn't an obvious clue about my dietary tendencies.) Impressive as that was, I wasn't ready to make such a drastic change. But I did follow her suggestions to relieve (ahem) chronic constipation, including a gentle ayurvedic herbal formula that I took for several weeks, twenty years ago. I've never had a problem since.

The vaidya coming to Asheville comes from a family of doctors that traces their lineage back thousands of years to ancient India and the origins of ayurveda. Their family name is actually Vaidya. His first name is also Vaidya... Seems he was born to be a vaidya!

Vaidya Jagdish Vaidya, is a world-renowned expert in Maharishi Ayur-Veda, and has held senior posts at prestigious ayurvedic hospitals, clinics and private clinical practices. I encourage anyone who is interested in natural healthcare to make an appointment. You will receive an individualized, easy to follow ayurvedic self-care program, based on the Vaidya's expert evaluation of your health condition and needs, including:

* Dietary recommendations
* Lifestyle recommendations
* Daily routine, including Vedic exercise
* Seasonal routine
* Individualized recommendations for Maharishi Ayurveda herbal products

The cost is $150 for a 30 minutes personal evaluation and $50 for each additional 15-minute interval. If you would like a longer appointment, please schedule this in advance. A limited number of appointments are available so reserve right away.

To schedule an appointment, call (828-649-9781) or email tball@tm.org

To see more articles on this site, click on "home" below.

No comments: